** IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION **
Please click a link below for important information from the City of Cortland, State of Ohio and CDC:
- Letter from Mayor Petrosky ~ City of Cortland Offices temporarily CLOSED to the public
- Notice from City Council ~ Council Meetings will be held electronically, not in person
- City of Cortland Water/Sewer Billing ~ shut-offs temporarily suspended/payment options offered
- City of Cortland Parks ~ As a result of Governor DeWine’s mandate, please note the following:
CLOSED - skate park, playgrounds, tennis, pickleball and basketball facilities
OPEN - please feel free to walk, run, hike and bike through our parks
- Ohio Dept of Health website
- Ohio Dept of Health "Stay at Home" Order
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) website
- Trumbull County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management request for funding
- Republic Services - Update on Services
- Spectrum - Free broadband/wifi for 60 days to households with K-12 and college students
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARE Act
The City of Cortland is a growing community - one that is moving ahead while still maintaining the charm that keeps us unique. We offer a growing retail shopping area, including a large variety of specialty shops. Because of our location, light industry is encouraged as we continue to expand. The city also has numerous professional services available for individual needs
Cortland is located in the heart of Trumbull County, adjacent to Mosquito Reservoir and State Park. State highways 5 and 46 are both accessible through the city. We are also a short distance from Interstate 80 via State Route 11.
Mosquito Lake is Ohio's second largest lake at 7,850 acres and ranked the 7th Best Ice Fishing Lakes in Ohio. It is one of the best ice fishing spots for walleye in Ohio.
The City is very proud to be ranked #1 Place to Retire in the State of Ohio (2015 and 2016), #1 Safest Community in Trumbull County (2015) , one of the Top Ten most charming Villages/Small Cities in Ohio (2016), Top 50 Safest Cities in Ohio (2017) and featured in "Our Towns" of The Business Journal.
We are committed to providing the information our residents and visitors need about the city. Any questions, concerns or suggestions please feel free to email us by clicking the button to the right.