PARKS & RECREATION BOARD                     March 8, 2010

 

The Parks & Recreation Board met on Monday, March 8, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. at the City Administration Building, 400 N. High St., Cortland, Ohio.  In attendance were the following board members:  Dave Christner, James Gibson, Frank Daugherty, Mike Norton and John Picuri.  Also present were Mayor Curt Moll, Service Director Don Wittman, Jerry Carleton and Chris Romano.

 

Jim Gibson made a motion to approve minutes from February’s meeting, seconded by Mike Norton.  All Ayes. MOTION APPROVED

 

Pickleball Courts

  • Jerry Carleton was here to request an additional 2 courts to be put in this spring
  • Is in the budget that has been forwarded to Council for approval.
  • Don to order additional nets
  • Jerry questioned lighting.  Possibly can get donations to help with cost.  Cost around $3,800 when we last checked.  Mayor advised we can check with Main Light to see what cost of putting in a new pole and wiring.

 

Scheduling of fields

  • Chris Romano was here for LAC. 
  • Valley Extreme wants to use fields for their tournaments.  Don concerned about scheduling conflict with Service Department daily operations on Fridays and also construction of the new water tank at Willow Park. 
  • Board agrees to keep as is on a 1st come – 1st serve basis.  Local leagues will have 1st dibs on the fields.  Outside organizations will need to coordinate with the local organizations for scheduling.

 

Budget

  • Top portion of budget is with Council.  Should be approved at their next meeting.
  • $20,000 has been moved to the new  Line item for capital improvements.

 

5-Year Plan

  • Mayor Moll would like to see the vision statement that is part of the Strategic Plan incorporated into the 5 year plan.
  • Verbiage was changed in some of the locations. Dee to make changes and send out to members for approval at next meeting.

 

Easter Egg Hunt

  • Set for March 27th 11am to Noon, set up 10am. Lisa has everything ready for this year.  
  • Dave went to Bazetta Township meeting they are on board and will be cutting a check to the city for reimbursement of some of the cost.
  • Need to check with Rotary on their donation
  • If we don’t find someone that wants to take this over may not have one next year.

 

Walk-Thru

  • Tentatively set for April 12th (weather permitting). 
  • Walk thru at Willow Park & Pearl Park.

 

 

 

Misc.

  • Brad Kellar Painting will be working with FOP to paint the gazebo.  Need to look at shingles and see if they need sealed
  • Frank went to meeting for Bikeway.
  • Jim went to Council meeting to hear what they had to say about the Park Rules

           

John Picuri made motion to adjourn, seconded by Jim Gibson.  All Ayes.  MOTION APPROVED

 

 

____________________________    __________    _________________________

Dave Christner, Chairman                            Date          Dee Daniels, Secretary